Wednesday, April 27, 2011

The Animal School

Once upon a time, the animals decided they must do something heroic to meet the problems of a "new world," so they organized a school. They adopted an activity curriculum consisting of running, climbing, swimming, and flying, and, to make it easier to administer, all the animals took all the subjects.
     The duck was excellent in swimming, better in fact than his teacher, and made passing grades in flying, but he was very poor in running. Since he was slow in running, he had to stay after school and also drop swimming to practice running. This was kept up until his webbed feet were badly worn and he was only average in swimming. But average was acceptable in school, so nobody worried about that except the duck.
     The rabbit started at the top of the class in running, but had a nervous breakdown because of so much make-up work in swimming.
     The squirrel was excellent in climbing until he developed frustration in the flying class where his teacher made him start from the ground up instead of from the tree-top down. He also developed charley horses from overexertion, and then got a C in climbing and a D in running.
    The eagle was problem child and was disciplined severely. In the climbing class he beat all the others to the top of the tree, but insisted on using his own way to get there.
    At the end of the year, an abnormal eel that could swim exceedingly well, and also run, climb, and fly a little held the highest average and was valedictorian.
    The prairie dogs stayed out of school and fought the tax levy because the administration would not add digging and burrowing to the curriculum. The apprenticed their children to a badger and later joined the groundhogs and gophers to start a successful private school.


A fairly simple story to better show my reasoning for homeschooling my children. Far more than I want them to excel in a school system and go off to college and get a job where they will make a lot of money.. I want them to experience the deepest level of living. I want them to see what God has created which surpasses the top layer. I want them to travel to foreign countries and see the way of different cultures. I want them to appreciate their opportunities and divine purpose and learn compassion through feeling. I want them to love unconditionally and realize they are a part of something so much bigger than anything you can put a dollar amount on. I believe that most children are robbed of their true passions through a curriculum that teaches them to comply. Not learn their passions and purpose through education.... it teaches them to comply to a way of learning and living that wants them to meet material & social standards. It suffocates their imagination and their desire to learn through their imagination. I want my children to be brave and accept growth from the inside out! I want my children's influence to come from righteous intentions and people who have a passion for complete compassion as well as spiritual and emotional knowledge. I know that I have one chance to instill these things into my children and I will not put my selfish desires ahead of my dreams for them to experience God's greatest gift, life. The money and time our family will be sacrificing does not even compare to ensuring our children are getting a truly deep education and life experience!

No comments:

Post a Comment